I have a soft spot for really easy dinners that also are really healthy and loaded with flavor. Like, a really soft spot. And healthy dinners don’t get much easier, healthier, or flavorful than Zesty Lime Shrimp with Simple Cauliflower Rice.
Why zesty lime shrimp
Someone asked me recently why I didn’t have more fish recipes on my blog. That is an excellent question since fish is one of my favorite proteins and fish or shellfish is on our family menu *at least* once a week. Time to rectify that and add some more amazingly delicious healthy and family-friendly fish recipes to the TNN line-up!
Don’t roll your eyes at me, Mamas & Papas! Fish can absolutely be family-friendly and is super duper healthy from a nutritional standpoint! You just have to start exposing the wee ones to all the different kinds of fish out there and let them figure out which ones they like and which ones they don’t.
Fish can be smelly (obviously) and bony fish will turn those little taste testers right off, so shrimp is one of the sea creatures that I recommend offering to budding food critics first.
Simple Cauliflower Rice
This Zesty Lime Shrimp with Simple Cauliflower Rice is a great place to start! It’s fast (less than 30 minutes), easy, and is not only loaded with healthy protein, but also has oodles of veggie goodness with the addition of riced cauliflower.
The zesty flavor is on-point and helps to add a lot of dimension to a simple dish! All winning points in a stellar dinner!
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
Other delicious recipes you are going to adore…
- Healthy Easy Weeknight Dinners
- Healthy Chocolate Muffins (with veggies!)
- Flourless Chocolate Chip Banana Breakfast Cookies
- Creamy Potato Cauliflower Soup
Loving this zesty lime shrimp with simple cauliflower rice and hungry for more?
Zesty Lime Shrimp with Simple Cauliflower Rice
For Cauliflower Rice
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat (I use avocado oil or ghee, but use whatever you prefer that has a high smoke point)
- 1 head cauliflower (about 5 cups), washed a roughly chopped
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 tablespoon cooking fat (again, I use avocado oil or ghee, but use whatever you prefer that has a high smoke point)
For Cauliflower Rice
- Put the roughly chopped cauliflower in a food processor. Pulse until the cauliflower is well chopped and resembles a rice texture. It is best to do this in two batches, so that the cauliflower gets evenly “riced”.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the cooking fat. Once the cooking fat is hot, add the riced cauliflower to the skillet.
- Stirring occasionally, cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cauliflower starts turning golden brown on the edges. Remove heat.
- Season the shrimp with cumin salt, and black pepper.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add cooking fat. Once fat is hot, add the shrimp in a single layer to the skillet.
- Stir and cook until shrimp is about half way cooked through, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice to the pan and continue cooking until shrimp is pink all the way through, about 3 more minutes.
- Serve over warm cauliflower rice and enjoy immediately.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest.