Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower
These Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower are delicious, creamy and easy! You can get these mashed potatoes on the table in about 30 minutes! Plus, they’re a great way to get more cauliflower into your family's diet!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 1/2 pound Russet potatoes washed, peeled and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium head of cauliflower (about 3-4 cups) washed and cut into florets
- 1 cup broth
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2-3 cloves garlic peeled, or to taste
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, olive oil or butter or to taste (for Whole30 or Paleo, use coconut or olive oil)
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt, sour cream or full fat coconut milk for a dairy-free option (for Paleo or Whole30, use coconut milk)
- black pepper to taste
- freshly chopped herbs like parsley, chives or rosemary optional
In your Instant pot, combine cauliflower, potatoes, broth, salt, garlic and herbs (if using)
Place the lid on you Instant Pot and lock it into place. Make sure the valve is switched to sealing.
Using the MANUAL mode, cook the potatoes and cauliflower on HIGH pressure for 8 minutes. It will take your Instant Pot about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
Once done cooking, quick release the pressure.
Using a potato masher, mash potatoes, cauliflower and garlic together. Add the oil/butter and yogurt/sour cream/coconut milk and mash a bit more to combine. For extra an extra smooth mash, transfer everything from the Instant Pot (including remaining liquid) to to a food processor. Add yogurt/sour cream/coconut milk and oil/butter and pulse until the mixture is smooth.
Taste and season with black pepper or more salt if desired.
Enjoy hot. Store leftovers in your fridge in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Serving: 0.5cup | Calories: 109kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 308mg | Potassium: 392mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg