Slow Cooker Almond Butter Beef Stew
This amazing Slow Cooker Beef Stew made with oodles of veggies and almond butter. Hearty, rich in flavor and perfect to curl up with at the end of the day. Whole30, Paleo, gluten free and dairy-free
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 large yellow onion finely chopped
- 2 pounds round steak cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup creamy unsweetened almond butter
- 1 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 5 cups broth or stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 1/2 cups green beans, roughly chopped
Add all ingredients except for the green beans to slow cooker. Stir to combine.
Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
30 minutes prior to end of cook time, add the green beens to the slow cooker, stirring again to combine. Cover again and continue to cook.
Remove bay leaves and enjoy warm! Store cooled leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer for a month.
Calories: 443.18kcal | Carbohydrates: 21.88g | Protein: 41.85g | Fat: 21.69g | Saturated Fat: 5.41g | Cholesterol: 95.25mg | Sodium: 1490.48mg | Potassium: 1169.79mg | Fiber: 5.84g | Sugar: 7.46g | Vitamin A: 10113.47IU | Vitamin C: 13.11mg | Calcium: 164.96mg | Iron: 5.45mg