Apple Sweet Potato Muffins
These sweet potato muffins are not only delicious and packed with good-for-you ingredients, but they have the sweetness of apple! Naturally gluten free, veggie-loaded and super easy to make.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 cups rolled oats uncooked. If gluten free is important, make sure the oats are certified gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder aluminum free suggested
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned sweet potato puree* see above for alternatives
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 cup finely chopped apples
Preheat you oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin with 12 liners. Set aside.
In your blender, combine everything except apples. Blend until you have a smooth batter and everything is incorporated. If you don not have a high-speed blender. Blend dry ingredients first until oats are broken down to a flour-like consistency. Then add remaining ingredients (except) and blend again. This will help to break down oats easier and give your muffin a better texture.
Fold in finely chopped apples.
Portion out between the prepared muffin cups. Top with a few thin slices of apple if you like for decoration.
Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Allow muffins to cool for 20 minutes before enjoying.
Allow muffins to cool completely before storing in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days or in a freezer for up to a month.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 163.88kcal | Carbohydrates: 22.37g | Protein: 3.78g | Fat: 6.66g | Saturated Fat: 1.27g | Cholesterol: 36.17mg | Sodium: 168.02mg | Potassium: 251.1mg | Fiber: 2.47g | Sugar: 8.72g | Vitamin A: 4557.32IU | Vitamin C: 5.05mg | Calcium: 58.53mg | Iron: 0.95mg