Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies (with pumpkin)
These soft, chewy Vegan Peanut Butter Cookies are easy to make in one bowl and so delicious! With added pumpkin for a bonus punch of goodness, these cookies are naturally gluten free, egg-free and dairy-free.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 3/4 cup natural smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or granulated sweetener of choice
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp sea salt skip if peanut butter is salted
- 3 tbsp ground flax meal
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips*
Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips in a medium bowl. Stir until all ingredients are incorporated.
Fold in chocolate chips
Using a heaping tablespoon or cookie scoop, portion out the batter onto the prepared baking sheet, making sure to leave room in between the cookies. Use the back of a fork to gently flatten each cookies.
Bake in two separate batches for 10 minutes each.
Removed from oven and cool on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
Once cooled, store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Chocolate chips often contain dairy. Be sure you use a dairy-free brand if that is important.
- Make these Paleo. Sub the peanut butter for almond butter and you have a veggie-loaded Paleo treat! Just a heads up, almond butter tends to be a bit thinner than PB, so the cookies might be on the softer side.
- Sub the pumpkin for mashed sweet potatoes or butternut squash puree. I find that these can often be used interchangeably in many recipes!
- Skip the chocolate. Leave the chocolate chips out for a low sugar cookie that is kind of perfect for breakfast!
- Sub the chocolate chips for raisins.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 91.24kcal | Carbohydrates: 9.72g | Protein: 3.24g | Fat: 4.95g | Saturated Fat: 1.16g | Cholesterol: 0.5mg | Sodium: 99.34mg | Potassium: 117.87mg | Fiber: 1.16g | Sugar: 5.26g | Vitamin A: 1066.62IU | Vitamin C: 0.29mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.44mg