Mini Sweet Potato Pancakes
These mini Healthy Sweet Potato Pancakes are made with simple ingredients you probably already have, are naturally sweetened, the perfect size for little eaters and are a delicious way to get veggies in at breakfast.
Servings: 40 mini pancakes
- 2 cups rolled oats uncooked. If gluten free is important, make sure the oats are certified gluten free
- 1 tsp baking powder aluminum free suggested
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine salt
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond milk)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned sweet potato puree* see below for alternatives
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp flavorless oil plus more for cooking
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
For pancakes, add oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and pumpkin spice to a high-speed blender. Blend until oats become a fine powder.
Add remaining pancake ingredients to the blender and blend until well combined. Stop a few times to scrape the sides of the blender to ensure everything is well mixed.
Heat a cast iron pan or other skillet over medium-low heat. Use a tablespoon or a small cookie scooper to scoop a scant tablespoon of pancake batter into the pan. Flatten the batter out slightly with the back of the spoon to spread the batter into an even circle. Repeat with batter until you’ve made 5 to 6 small pancakes in your pan.
Cook until you see small bubbled forming on the top of the pancake and the edges seem dry, about 2 minutes. Flip and cook the other side for another 30 seconds to a minute. Place cooked pancakes onto a plate and continue with the remaining batter.
Enjoy warm with dip of choice. Let cook completely before storing leftovers in an air-tight container in fridge for 4-5 days or in freezer
- Canned sweet potato puree can be found in many grocery stores. It has a similar consistency to canned pumpkin.
- If you want to cook sweet potato at home, peel and cut the sweet potato into ¼-inch dice. Measure a heaping ½ cup diced sweet potato and steam it until very tender. Cool to room temperature. Add to blender with other pancake ingredients along with a ¼ cup water.
Serving: 1pancake | Calories: 37kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1366IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 17mg | Iron: 1mg