Chocolate Sweet Potato Cookies
These Chocolate Sweet Potato Cookies are so dang good! Naturally gluten free and made with real food ingredients, they are packed with goodness! Perfect for a healthy snack, breakfast or lunch box addition!
Servings: 22 cookies
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 cup mashed sweet potato cooked, cooled and skin removed
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups oat flour* (make sure is is certified gluten free if that is important)
- 1 cup rolled oats (make sure they are certified gluten free if that is important)
- 2 scoops Further Food Collagen Peptides Can sub 1/4 cup cocoa powder if not using
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder aluminum-free suggested
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (+ more for sprinkling on top if desired)**
Preheat your oven to 350 ℉ and line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
In a medium or large bowl, combine all of the ingredients except chocolate chips. Stir until everything is combined well and the batter has an even consistency.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a heaping tablespoon or cookie scoop, portion the batter out onto the prepared baking sheets.
Roll each portion its a ball (I find wetting my hands a little helps to prevent the batter from sticking). Flatten each ball slightly with the palm of your hand.
Top with extra chocolate chips if desired.
Bake for 12-14 minutes or until slightly golden. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Enjoy immediately or cool completely and store in an air-tight container in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer for a month.
Calories: 111kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 19mg | Sodium: 43mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 886IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg