Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole
This Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole is easy to make and true comfort food. Loaded with veggies, protein and flavor...it is going to become a dinner staple. Gluten free + veggie-loaded.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash, cooked and drained see cooking suggestions and draining method above
- 2 tsp coconut or avocado oil + extra for greasing
- 1 pound ground chicken or turkey
- 1/2 medium yellow onion chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 2 cloves garlic minced, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce I suggest looking for one with no added sugar.
- 15-20 pepperonis I suggest using nitrate free ones.
- fresh basil for garnish optional
Preheat your oven to 350℉.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add the chicken/turkey, onion, garlic and salt. Cook, breaking apart the meat, until meat is browned and the onions
are tender. This should take about 8 minutes. Remove the meat from the heat and set aside.
Place drained squash into a large bowl. Add cooked meat to the bowl. Add sauce, 1 1/2 cup of cheese and Italian seasoning. Stir to combine.
Pour squash mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish.
Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and top with remaining cheese and pepperoni. Return to oven and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted and starting to turn a golden brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 5-10 minutes. Garnish with chopped basil, if desired. Enjoy warm!
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 100mg | Sodium: 1104mg | Potassium: 837mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 725IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 255mg | Iron: 2mg