Healthy Chicken & Veggie Teriyaki Stir Fry
This healthy one-skillet Teriyaki Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry is a healthy version of the classic dish. Super easy to make and so flavorful! It’s gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, Paleo and sweetened with a few dates.
Servings: 4 servings
For homemade sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoons honey, maple syrup or date syrup (for Whole30) to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot starch (depending on how thick you like your sauce)
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil or oil of choice
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 bell peppers deseeded and chopped
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets (about 12 oz)
- 2 1/2 cups carrots chopped (about 4 medium carrots)
In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add cooking oil.
Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook for about 5 minutes. Add carrots and broccoli florets. Cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add bell peppers to the skillet, stirring a few times to incorporate. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle.
Add teriyaki sauce to the stir fry. Stir to coat the chicken and veggies and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until sauce thickens. If you like your sauce thicker, sprinkle an additional 1/2 tablespoon of tapioca starch over the stir fry and stir in to the meal until is disappears.
Enjoy warm! Pairs well with cauliflower rice, rice, mach cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
Calories: 469kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 1067mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 15936IU | Vitamin C: 162mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 3mg