Egg-Free Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies
Now these Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies are how to start a day right! The perfect taste and texture, healthy and loaded with amazing ingredients! Gluten free, vegan, and naturally sweetened. These are a morning must-make!
Servings: 16 cookies
- 3 tbsp flax meal
- 9 tbsp water
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 cup grated apple
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 2 cups oat flour make sure it is certified gluten free if gluten free is important
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut, shredded
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp gluten free baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 cup almond or coconut milk or milk of choice
- 1/3 cup raisins
Preheat your oven to 350℉ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Alternatively, use a little extra coconut oil to grease the sheets to prevent the cookies from sticking.
In a medium bowl. Combine the water and ground flax meal. Let it sit for about 5 minutes to allow it to "gel". This will make the "flax eggs" and serves as a binding agent in the cookies.
After the flax "eggs" have gelled, add the remaining ingredients except the raisins to the bowl. Mix throughly.
Fold in raisins.
Using a small cookie scoop or a heaping tablespoon, portion the cookies out onto your prepared baking sheet.
Gently flatten the cookies a bit with the palm of your hand.
Bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow the cookies to cool on cooling rack.
Enjoy immediately, store in an airtight container, or freeze for breakfasts or snacks
- Use a food processor to grate carrots and apples. You can totally use a box grater, but if you are all about saving time in the kitchen, using your food processor with the shredding blade attachment is a great kitchen hack that I often use!
Calories: 160kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Sodium: 51mg | Potassium: 159mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 668IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg