Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
An easy, veggie-loaded Chocolate Banana Smoothie made from good-for-you ingredients. It’s chocolatey, perfectly sweet, loaded with healthy foods and can easily be made with dairy or dairy-free.
Servings: 2 large
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or milk of choice
- 1 handful baby spinach
- 1-2 large very ripe bananas frozen, depending on desired sweetness
- 1 cup frozen riced cauliflower or 2 cups frozen florets
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Add some extra goodness! Amp about the nutrients in this smoothie by tossing in a tablespoon of chia seeds/flax meal and/or hemp hearts!
- Make it as sweet (or as mild) as you like. We all have different palates and some of us like things sweeter than others. The bananas are the source of sweetness and natural sugar in this chocolate banana smoothie. Play with the amount of banana you add depending on your personal preference.
- Add some healthy fat. Adding some healthy fat can really help this chocolate banana smoothie fuel you on to your next meal. Add 1/2 an avocado or a scoop of your favorite nut butter to the blender!
- Add some extra protein. I like to use collagen peptides in my smoothies to up the protein. However, the addition of hemp hearts or your favorite protein powder is also a great way to go.
- If you don't have a high-speed blender, consider blending in stages. This will help you to achieve a smooth consistency. Start with the milk and spinach. Blend until completely pureed. Add the cauliflower. Blend. And so on.
- Add more (or less) liquid to achieve desired constancy. Depending on how thick you like your smoothies, you might find you need to add 1/2 cup or so of water to this blend. Or, if you find your smoothie is too thin for your liking, toss in a few ice cubes to help thicken it up.
Calories: 62kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 272mg | Potassium: 357mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1405IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 261mg | Iron: 1.7mg