The BEST Beet Hummus
This is truly the BEST beet hummus under the sun and so easy to make. Beautiful to look at, an amazing balance of flavors and a smooth, creamy texture to boot!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup cooked, peeled and diced beet see above notes for cooking suggestions
- 1 1/2 cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- 1/4 cup well-stirred tahini
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 large cloves garlic, minced to taste
- zest of one lemon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp water or more to obtain desired consistency
In your food processor with the "S" blade, combines tahini, water, olive oil, cumin, salt, garlic lemon zest and lemon juice to a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
Scrape down the sides of the food processor and add in the chickpeas and cooked beet. Run for 2 minutes minutes. Stop. Scrape down sides of the bowl. Run for an additional 2 minutes or until hummus is very smooth. If needed, add an additional tablespoon of water to obtain your desired consistency.
Taste and season with additional salt, minced garlic, cumin, and/or lemon juice if desired.
Enjoy. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil or a little black pepper if desired. See above for pairing ideas. Store leftovers in an air tight container in fridge for 4-5 days.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 261kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 453mg | Potassium: 291mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 15IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 51mg | Iron: 2.7mg