Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie
Delicious Vitamin C Immune Boosting Smoothie is made with strawberry, banana, red bell pepper and is the perfect start to your day. Naturally vegan, dairy-free and kid-approved!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries fresh or frozen
- 1 sweet red bell pepper washed and deseeded
- 1 banana very ripe
- 2 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup plain almond milk
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
If not using a high-speed blender, like a Vitamix, consider blending ingredients in stages to ensure an even blend.
- Switch out the banana for mango! Can’t eat bananas or they are simply just not your thing? Mangoes are a great alternative that help give the smoothie and creamy texture and a swap that I often use. AND, they are high in vitamin C!
- Up the protein. I like to add collagen powder to my vitamin c immune boosting smoothie to enhance the protein and make it stick to my bones a bit longer. An excellent plant-based, smoothie-friendly alternative would be hemp hearts!
- Use whatever milk you like. We primarily eat dairy-free, so I use plant-based milks or water in this smoothie. But whatever milk your family enjoys (or you have on hand) will work just fine.
- Adjust the amount of liquid use to your personal preference. I like my smoothies thick, but still pourable. If you prefer them a bit closer to an ice cream consistency, use less liquid. If you like them thinner, add more!
- If you are using all frozen fruit, your blender is in for a workout. This might not be an issue if you are using a high-speed blender like a Vitamix. Otherwise, try blending this smoothie in stages. The liquid + bell pepper + 1 type of frozen fruit. Blend. Then add the other frozen fruit. This will help make for a creamier smoothie without a bunch of chunks….or a stalled blender that can’t move its blades.
Calories: 443kcal | Carbohydrates: 58g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 335mg | Potassium: 1243mg | Fiber: 14g | Sugar: 32g | Vitamin A: 3800IU | Vitamin C: 289.2mg | Calcium: 446mg | Iron: 2.8mg