Vegetarian Soup Recipes: Veggie-Loaded Lasagna Soup
This Vegetarian Lasagna Soup is loaded with veggies, is easy to make, and has all the cozy flavors of lasagna! Easily dairy-free and vegan, this hearty soup is complete meal all by itself!
Servings: 6 servings
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced onion about 12/ a large onion
- 1 cup diced carrots about 2 large carrots
- 1 cup diced zucchini about 1 small zucchini
- 3/4 teaspoon salt divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 cups marinara or other tomato-based pasta sauce
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 3-4 cups loosely packed baby spinach roughly chopped
- 6 ounces lasagna noodles (6-8 sheets), broken into about 2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese optional, omit for dairy-free or vegan option
- shredded mozzarella cheese and/or ricotta cheese, for serving optional, omit for dairy-free or vegan option
- fresh basil, chopped for garnish, optional
Heat olive oil a large pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and carrot and cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add zucchini and cook until it begins to soften, about 2 more minutes. Stir in ½ teaspoon of salt.
Add balsamic vinegar and scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Stir in marinara and broth and bring soup to a simmer.
Once simmering, add broken lasagna noodles to the pot and cook until noodles are tender, about 10 to 12 minutes or according to the cooking time on the box for your lasagna noodles.
After the soup is done cooking, stir in last 1/4 teaspoon of salt, spinach and grated parmesan (if using) and let the spinach wilt in the hot soup for a minute or two. Taste soup for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with a little shredded mozzarella and/or top with a dollop of ricotta cheese, if desired. Sprinkle with fresh basil and enjoy.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 225kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 1149mg | Potassium: 591mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 5581IU | Vitamin C: 17mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg