One Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Butternut Squash
This One Pan Maple Dijon Chicken and Butternut Squash is the perfect healthy dinner! Baked chicken with roasted squash, Brussel sprouts, and onion– all tied together with a flavorful sauce. This is the perfect veggie-loaded dinner your whole family will love.
Servings: 6 servings
- 1 ½ pounds butternut squash peeled and cut into ½-inch dice (about 4 cups)
- 1 pound Brussel sprouts ends trimmed then cut in half
- 1 medium red onion halved, peeled, and cut into ¼-inch slices
- 5 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 ½ teaspoons kosher salt divided
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper divided
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or finely minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme leaves plus more for garnish (or ½ tsp dried thyme)
- 1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into 1-inch
Preheat the oven to 425℉.
Place the diced squash, Brussel sprouts, and sliced onion in the center of a large, rimmed sheet pan. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil then sprinkle with ½ tsp of salt and ¼ tsp of black pepper. Toss with your hands to coat then spread the vegetables into an even layer. Place into the oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together the garlic, mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, 3 Tbsp of olive oil, 1 tsp salt, ¼ tsp ground pepper, and the fresh thyme. Add the diced chicken and stir to coat the chicken in the marinade.
Once the 20 minutes is up, remove the pan from the oven. Spoon the chicken pieces evenly over the vegetables then drizzle any remaining marinade over the top. Place the pan back in the oven and bake until chicken is fully cooked, 15 to 18 minutes. Sprinkle with additional fresh thyme as garnish, if desired.
Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 796mg | Potassium: 1178mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 12695IU | Vitamin C: 92mg | Calcium: 113mg | Iron: 3mg