Roasted Air Fryer Broccoli
This Roasted Air Fryer Broccoli cooks up in about 8 minutes and is the perfect vegetable side. Easy to make, faster than oven roasted, and full of flavor! Your whole family will adore this delicious broccoli side.
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 cups heaping broccoli florets for even cooking, make sure they are cut small and similar in size. About one medium head of broccoli or 12 ounces.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat your air fryer to 375℉. I usually let mine warm up for 3 minutes.
While air fryer warms up, combine the broccoli florets, olive oil, garlic powder, and salt in a medium sized bowl. Toss a few times to coat evenly.
Place your broccoli in the warm air fryer in a single layer.
Cook for 6-8 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway cooking point and checking for the broccoli to be done. I find shaking the broccoli is important to help promote even cooking. At 8 minutes, check broccoli for tenderness. If broccoli is a bit too firm, cook for another 1-2 minutes or until desired texture is reached.
Once cook time is up, remove the broccoli from the air fryer basket and enjoy warm. Enjoy as is or top with grated cheese, a little lemon juice, butter, extra olive oil, or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Tips and tricks
- Be sure to cut your broccoli florets small and close to the same size. This will help promote the florets to cook evenly.
- Don't skip on shaking the air fryer broccoli half-way through cooking. I can't stress this enough! There is power in the shake. I find the times I have walked away and left the roasted broccoli to cook untouched in the air fryer is the time I have ended up with burnt broccoli. Shaking helps to move the broccoli florets around and flips them a bit so that they cook evenly.
- Don't over fill your air fryer. It's tempting to do double batches, I know, but your broccoli will not cook up in 8 minutes and will cook all kinds of uneven.
- Be sure the broccoli is evenly coated in oil. When tossing the broccoli in oil and seasonings, take the time to make sure you do it throughly. Making sure the oil is on the broccoli completely, will help it roast to perfection in the air fryer.
Calories: 63kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Sodium: 176mg | Potassium: 290mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 567IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 43mg | Iron: 1mg