Spicy Pasta with Garlic, Broccoli, Kale & Mushrooms
Sometimes you just want spicy food. Sometimes you just want pasta. Either way, you will love this Spicy Pasta with Garlic, Broccoli, Kale & Mushrooms (vegan, nut free, gluten free option).
- 8 oz spaghetti noodles (I used brown rice pasta to make it gluten free but whole wheat pasta would also work)
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups kale, washed and roughly chopped
- 6 mushrooms, washed and sliced (I used a mix we got from the farmer’s market)
- 2 cups broccoli florets, washed and chopped
- 1 tsp crushed red peppers (more or less to taste)
- 4 tsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbs soy sauce (if making gluten free, make sure your soy sauce is also gluten free)
- sesame seeds (optional)
Cook the pasta by directions indicated on the box.
In a large sauté pan, heat the coconut oil over medium heat until the oil is hot. Add the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
Add kale and broccoli; cook for 5 minutes.
Add mushrooms and cook and additional 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, sesame oil, maple syrup and red pepper.
Add cooked pasta to sauté pan and pour sauce over. With low heat on, toss ingredients until everything is well combined for a minute or two.
Serve and garnish with sesame seeds if desired.