Sweet Potato Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats
These Sweet Potato Chocolate Peanut Butter Overnight Oats are the perfect easy breakfast to throw together and take on the go. Perfectly sweet, veggie-loaded, and a classic flavor combo, this no-cook recipe will be a favorite.
Servings: 2 servings
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1.5 cups milk of choice, I used unsweetened almond
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons natural peanut butter plus extra for topping, if desired
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey or to taste
- 1/2 cup sweet potato puree
- mini chocolate chips for topping, if desired
Mix all the ingredients together in a medium bowl. Cover, and refrigerate overnight, or for a minimum of 3 hours.
Top with extra peanut butter, a few chocolate chips and/or fresh fruit.
Store in fridge up to 5 days.
If you can't find sweet potato puree in your store, you can easily make sweet potatoes in your Instant Pot, slow cooker, or even microwave. Just cook the sweet potato, scoop out the orange meat and mash or puree in the blender to make it extra smooth. You can freeze the cooked and mashed puree to keep on hand for future recipes!
- You can use maple syrup OR honey, depending on how sweet you like it.
- You can find pureed sweet potato, pumpkin and/or butternut squash in most grocery stores (here in the US, at least) where they keep canned veggies or beans! In fact, look for purees that are JUST the veggies without any added sweetener or spice.
Serving: 1.5cups | Calories: 473kcal | Carbohydrates: 61g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 8g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Sodium: 379mg | Potassium: 584mg | Fiber: 13g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 4724IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 370mg | Iron: 4mg