Slow Cooker Golden Soup
This Slow Cooker Golden Soup is savory, flavorful, and packed with all kinds of natural goodness to kick you into healthy gear for the new year. With only 8 ingredients, you can throw this pot of hot liquid gold together in minutes and come home to coziest and nourishing of meals.
- 2 1/2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 small yellow onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 3/4 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 3 cups bone broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
Combine everything except coconut milk in your slow cooker. Stir. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6 hours. Once the soup is done cooking, use an immersion blender to puree the soup until it is very smooth and all of the vegetable chunks pieces are blended. If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can also puree the soup in your blender in batches. Just be very careful when transferring the soup to blender, as it will be very hot.
Add the coconut milk to the soup, blending or stirring for a minute or two to combine.
Enjoy immediately garnished with a little olive oil and/or additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Be very careful when transferring the soup to blender, as it will be very hot.
- If you are following a vegan or vegetarian diet, you can certainly substitute vegetable broth into this soup and still enjoy some of the anti-inflammatory benefits this soup has to offer.