Quick & Easy Guacamole Pasta
Ready as quick as you can cook up some pasta or spiralize some veggies, this Quick & Easy Guacamole Pasta is a busy weeknight dinner game changer. Serving up lots of veggies and healthy fat in a deliciously creamy sauce, this dish is wonderful on its own or paired with your favorite protein added into the mix!
Servings: 3 -4
- 2 cups your favorite uncooked pasta (I used brown rice pasta)
- 1-3 cloves garlic, to taste
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1/2 lime juice
- 2 tablespoons avocado or olive oil
- 2 large rip avocados or 3 medium rip avocados peeled and pitted
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- black pepper, to taste
Cook pasta according to directions on packaging.
While the pasta cooks, combine remaining ingredients EXCEPT water and tomatoes into a blender or food processor.
Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides a few times to make sure everything gets pureed and incorporated.
Taste and add more salt and season with pepper if desired. If you prefer a thinner sauce, add water a tablespoon or two at a time and blend until desired consistency is reached.
After pasta is done cooking, drain and put in a large bowl.
Pour guacamole sauce over the cooked pasta and add the sliced tomatoes to the bowl. Stir to coat everything with the sauce and enjoy immediately.
The lime juice in the sauce will help the sauce from browning too quickly, but this dish is best enjoyed fresh.
- Add some spice! If you like a little heat in your house, consider adding 1/2-1 jalapeños (seeded and to taste) to the mix!
- Add some protein! Need a little something else added to the mix? Try adding grilled shrimp, chicken, some veggie-loaded meatballs or chickpeas to the dish!
- Adapt the garlic. We are a garlic loving family, but I get that it is a strong flavor for some! Reduce or bump it up to meet your personal taste preference!
Calories: 247kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 409mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2290IU | Vitamin C: 13mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 1mg