Slow Cooker Lemon Thyme Whole Chicken
Slow Cooker Lemon Thyme Whole Chicken is a delicious and easy dinner to throw in your crockpot before you head out to your day! Paleo and Whole30.
- 1 whole chicken (3-4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme OR 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 3-5 whole cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Remove giblets from the chicken and rinse under cool water. Place in slow cooker.
Pour lemon juice over whole chicken and sprinkle with sea salt, pepper, and thyme.
Place garlic cloves and bay leaves in the slow cooker around the chicken.
Cover slow cooker and cook the chicken on low for 9-10 hours OR high for 4-5 hours.
Once the chicken is done cooking, the meat should easily come off the bone and you can enjoy it immediately or store in fridge for up to 4 days.