Crock Pot Tomato Sauce
This Crock Pot Tomato Sauce is a healthy family staple and something to stock your freezer with to make quick meals easy. Homemade tomato sauce is not only delicious and so much healthier than store-bought, but its incredibly easy too!
- 6 cups diced tomatoes
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1-2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup (optional and omit if you are on Whole30)
Combine all of the ingredients in the crock pot and cook on low for 6 hours.
Once the sauce is done cooking, remove and discard the bay leaf. Using an immersion blender, puree the sauce to a smooth consistency. If the sauce is too thin for your liking, add tapioca starch or arrowroot one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached.
Allow the sauce to cool completely. Package into air tight containers and store in the fridge for a week or in the freezer for months!
- This recipe makes about 48 ounces of sauce.
- This sauce takes just minutes to throw into the slow cooker and then simmers away for hours, blending all the natural flavors and ingredients into one wholesome sauce.
- Enjoy this crock pot tomato sauce for weeks - without the added sugar or preservatives.