Paleo Ranch Dressing
There is something magical about ranch dressing and veggies together! And did you know that making your own, squeaky-clean and healthy ranch dressing at home is ridiculously simple? It totally is! It takes just a few minutes of your time and some real food ingredients that I bet you already have kicking around your kitchen to make this amazing Paleo Ranch Dressing.
- 2/3 cup avocado oil (or any light tasting oil will work)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill (or 2 teaspoons dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, minced (or 1 ½ teaspoons dried)
- teaspoon 3/4 fresh garlic, minced (or ¼ teaspoon garlic powder)
Place the avocado oil, egg, lemon juice, mustard powder and sea salt into a tall container (I use a 2 cup Pyrex measuring cup).
Place an immersion blender at the bottom, right over the yolk, and turn on.
Once the mixture starts to blend together and become thick, move the immersion blender towards the top, until everything is well blended. This should take less than a minute.
Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. If you’re using fresh herbs, the dressing will last up to a week in the fridge. If you’re using all dried herbs and garlic powder, the dressing will expire on the same day that your egg does!
- If you’d like a thinner, more pourable ranch dressing, simply stir in coconut milk or almond milk, 1 teaspoon at a time, until you’ve reached your desired consistency.
- I use an immersion blender to make my homemade, mayo-based sauces, as it’s fool-proof and much easier than slowly drizzling the oil into your regular blender.
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 41mg | Sodium: 309mg | Potassium: 40mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 386IU | Vitamin C: 6mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 1mg