Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies
A delicious sweet treat that is not only easy to make, but free of eggs, gluten and dairy! Soft and chewy, these Vegan Chocolate Almond Butter Cookies are going to be your new go-to cookie recipe!
Servings: 15 cookies
- 1 tablespoon flax meal
- 2.5 tablespoons water
- 1 cup creamy natural almond butter
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup cacao or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1/3 cup good quality chocolate chips or chunks (this is the brand I use)
Preheat your oven to 350 ℉ and line two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
In a medium bowl, combine water and flax meal. Stir to mix together and then let it hang out for a few minutes to “gel”.
Add all ingredients except for chocolate chips and mix to combine. Stir until batter is smooth and without clumps. Taste test for sweetness and add more sugar if desired.
Fold in chocolate chips/chunks.
Using a small cookie scoop or a very heaping tablespoons, portion out the batter. Roll each scoop of batter into a ball and then gently flatten them on the baking sheets.
Bake for 10 minutes.
Removed from oven and cool on baking sheet for 15-20 minutes. Cookies will firm up as they cool.
Enjoy once cool!
- You can replace the flax meal and water in this recipe with 1 egg is egg-free is not needed.
- For a nut-free option, replace the almond butter with unsweetened sunflower seed butter.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 129kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 50mg | Potassium: 142mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 1mg