Chicken Cauliflower Meatballs
These Chicken Cauliflower Meatballs are simple and made with only 7 real food ingredients. Gluten free, dairy-free, Paleo, Whole30, egg-free and nut-free too!
Servings: 18 meatballs
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 green onions chopped
- 1 1/2 cups riced cauliflower (if using frozen, defrost first and drain off extra liquid)
- 1/2 - 3/4 teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- black pepper to taste
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
Time to get messy! Using your (freshly washed) hands, mix the ingredients until everything is well blended.
Gently roll the meat into golfball size portions. Arrange the meatballs in a single layer in a large baking dish. Note: Using a baking dish or a baking sheet with a lip is important, as the vegetables will give off some liquid during the cooking process.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Enjoy warm on their own, with 30-Minute Veggie-Loaded Tomato Sauce over zoodles, over a salad, your favorite pasta or save fore later! Store leftovers in fridge for up to 5 days or in freezer for a month.
- You can use whatever ground meat you prefer! I have made this recipe with ground beef, ground turkey and ground chicken! It’s delightful and delicious no matter what your meat base!
- Be sneaky with the cauliflower or leave it out there for all to see! This could definitely be considered a “hidden veggie” kind of recipe if you need that (for yourself or someone else) since finely riced cauliflower can easily disappear into the chicken. However, if you are trying to make yourself or a family member more comfortable with cauliflower in your food, perhaps consider using a chunkier rice cauliflower in these meatballs so that the flavors still blend together nicely but the cauliflower isn’t so visually masked.
Calories: 40kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 22mg | Sodium: 181mg | Potassium: 175mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg