Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon (from frozen!)
This Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon is going to rock your socks then! Wildly easy to throw together, super flavorful and cooked to perfections FROM FROZEN in your handy dandy IP….this going to be your new fast food!
Servings: 3 - 4
- 1 1/2 pounds frozen salmon filets
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- fresh dill, basil, parsley or a mix a few springs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or to taste or to taste (or 2 cloves garlic, minced)
- 1/4 or to taste sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted coconut oil
Pour water and lemon juice into your Instant Pot. Add fresh herbs to the water/lemon juice mixture and place steamer rack in Instant Pot.
Drizzle salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
Sprinkle garlic powder over the salmon and place on the salmon in a single layer on the steamer rack in the Instant Pot. *
Layer lemon slices on top of the salmon.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot, lock in place and turn the valve to sealing.
The use the Manual setting to cook on HIGH pressure for 7 minutes.*
It will take your Instant Pot about 10 minutes to get up to pressure.
Once the time is up, switch the valve to venting to quick release the pressure.
Enjoy warm over a salad, with roasted veggies or any other way that you can dream up!
* If your salmon pieces are frozen together, run them under water until they are able to be separated. Stacking salmon might make it too thick to cook all the way through.
* If your salmon is thicker than 1 inch, consider adding an extra minute or two to the cook time.
* If your salmon is extra thin, consider reducing time by 1 minute
- If the salmon is still not cooked all the way through once cook time is up (salmon cuts vary in shape and size), replace lid and let it sit in the hot IP for a few extra minutes to steam.
Calories: 379kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 46g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 136mg | Potassium: 1182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 91IU | Vitamin C: 27mg | Calcium: 37mg | Iron: 2mg