Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry
A Paleo twist on a classic Italian dish, this Chicken Piccata Stir-Fry is easy and quick to make! Done in about 30 minutes, it is the perfect weeknight dinner. Whole30 friendly, gluten free, dairy-free.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1.5 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper or to taste
- 1/4 cup arrowroot flour or tapioca starch if Paleo/Whole30 not needed, can sup corn starch
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, avocado oil or ghee
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken broth or stock
- juice of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 2 heaping tablespoons capers, rinsed
- 16 ounces uncooked green beans, cleaned and trimmed can use fresh or frozen
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped (optional garnish)
- 1 sliced lemon (optional garnish)
In a medium bowl, combine chicken, salt, pepper, and arrowroot/tapioca. Toss a few times or until chicken is evenly coated. Set aside.
In a small bowl, combine broth, coconut aminos, and lemon juice. Set aside.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil/ghee to the hot skillet and swirl the skillet a few times to evenly coat the entire cooking surface.
Add minced garlic to the pan and sauté for about 30 seconds, being careful not to burn the garlic.
Add the coated chicken to the pan. Cook until the outside of the chicken is no longer pink.
Add the green beans, capers and green onions to the skillet and mix to combine.
Pour broth mixture over everything in the skillet, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Pour broth mixture over everything in the skillet, cover and cook for about 5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Let sit for a few minutes to allow sauce to thicken up. Sprinkle with parsley and garnish with sliced lemon (if using) and plate and enjoy warm!
Calories: 340kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 39g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 758mg | Potassium: 978mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1062IU | Vitamin C: 38mg | Calcium: 74mg | Iron: 2mg