Baked Apple Sweet Potato Oatmeal
Cozy, warm, and full of seasonal flavors, this Baked Apple Sweet Potato Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast to wake up with. Veggie-loaded with amazing sweet potato and brought next level with sweet apple and warm spices, this baked oatmeal can easily be vegan and gluten-free.
Servings: 8 servings
- olive oil or avocado oil for greasing
- 2 cups rolled oats use certified gluten free if needed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground flax or chia seeds optional
- 1 cup milk of choice this works great with almond milk if dairy-free needed
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey
- 2 eggs can sub flax eggs to make egg-free
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup sweet potato puree or cooked and mashed sweet potato
- 1 medium apple of choice roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds optional, omit to make nut-free
Preheat the oven to 375℉ degrees. Grease a 8×8 baking dish with oil.
In a medium bowl, combine oats, flax meal, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Mix to combine.
Add eggs, milk, vanilla, sweet potato, and maple syrup/honey to bowl. Stir to combine.
Stir in apples.
Spread into the prepared baking dish and top with nuts, if using. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Oatmeal is done baking when top is golden.
Enjoy warm topped with yogurt, a splash of milk, sliced bananas, an extra drizzle of maple syrup, whipped cream or simply on its own. Let cool completely and store in fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 227kcal | Carbohydrates: 34g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 425mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 6847IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 111mg | Iron: 2mg