Veggie-Loaded Mini Taco Meatloaves (Whole30, Paleo)
Super simple to throw together and quick to cook, Veggie-Loaded Mini Taco Meatloaves are a fun flavor twist on a classic dinner dish! Loaded with oodles of veggies and squeaky clean ingredients, these miniature meatloaves cook up in half the time of traditional meatloaf and are perfect for weeknight dinners! Paleo, gluten free, dairy-free, and Whole30.
Servings: 12 mini meatloaves
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 1 tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- ½ medium yellow onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 medium bell pepper deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 cup carrot finely chopped or grated
- ½ cup mild salsa
- 2 tbsp taco seasoning
- ¼ cup chopped olives (optional)
- 1 ripe avocado diced (optional)
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and either line a 12-hole muffin tin with liners or use a little oil to grease each compartment to prevent sticking.
In a large bowl combine everything except the olives and avocado. Using freshly washed hands, mix the ingredients until everything is blended together evenly.
Portion out the meat mixture evenly between the prepared muffin tin compartments.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until meat is cooked through.
Top with diced avocado and chopped lives (if using).
Enjoy warm over cauliflower rice, a baked potato, quinoa, a salad, or side of choice.
Freeze leftovers or store in fridge for up to 5 days.
- Use whatever ground meat you have on hand! No ground beef or maybe it i just isn’t your thing? No worries! Just use whatever you have on hand! However, since ground turkey or chicken tend to have less natural flavors, consider adding extra seasoning to keep these meatloaves from tasting bland!
- Spice it up (or down) as much as you need. My homemade Taco Seasoning is mellow enough for my 7-year-old daughter to enjoy, but the sensitivity of our taste buds varies from person to person. If you are concerned about the spice level of these tacos, consider reducing the chili powder in the seasoning recipe. Or, if you like a little more heat….crank it up by adding more chili powder!
- Add some greens! Love the idea of veggie-loading and want to add more! Try adding some finely chopped spinach to these meatloaves before cooking and up the veggie goodness!
Serving: 1mini meatloaf | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 395mg | Potassium: 327mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 2219IU | Vitamin C: 16mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 1mg