Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies
These Healthy Oatmeal Pumpkin Cookies are the perfect dessert to make for fall! Made from good-for-you ingredients, lower in added sugar than most cookie recipes, these healthy cookies are soft, chewy, full of pumpkin and warm fall flavors.
Servings: 18 cookies
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons avocado or melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine flour, oats, salt, baking powder, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Whisk together and set aside.
In another bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and syrup. Whisk together.
Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until everything is combined and dough has an even consistency.
Fold in chocolate chips.
Using a heaping tablespoon or small cookie scoop, portion the dough out onto the prepared cookie sheet, leaving room in between each cookie. Gently press down with your hand to flatten each cookie a bit.
Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. Enjoy or cool complete before storing in an air tight container for 4 days or in freezer for months.
- Skip the chocolate chips all together to make these into the perfect breakfast cookies.
- Use raisins instead of chocolate chips.
- Replace the the pumpkin puree with butternut squash puree or sweet potato puree.
- Make them gluten free by subbing the whole wheat flour in this oatmeal pumpkin cookies with a cup-for-cup gluten free flour blend and using certified gluten free rolled oats.
- Make them egg-free by replacing the egg with 1 flax egg.
- Replace the applesauce with mashed ripe banana.
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 10mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 129mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 1613IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 1mg