Cinnamon Zucchini Banana Muffins
Nothing says good morning quite like Cinnamon Banana Zucchini Muffins. So much goodness packed into one delicious and healthy muffin recipe. Plus, they keep in the fridge or freezer beautifully and are mixed in one bowl!
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 cup milk of choice I used unsweetened almond milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 2 cups whole wheat flour or sub cup-for-cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
Preheat oven to 350℉ and line a muffin tin with liners or grease with a little extra oil.
Take the grated zucchini and place it in the middle of a clean dish towel or large paper towel. Wrap the zucchini in the towel and squeeze out as much of the moisture as you can. Set aside.
In a large bowl, combine oil, eggs, vanilla extract, mashed banana, honey/maple syrup, and milk. Mix.
Add remaining ingredients except zucchini to the bowl. Mix well until batter has an even consistency.
Add drained zucchini to the batter. Fold it in.
Pour batter into prepared muffin time and top with extra banana slices if desired
Bake for 20-22 minutes, or until muffins are golden on top and a toothpick inserted into the middle of one muffin comes out clean. Allow them to cool in pan for 5 minutes before enjoying.
Once cool completely, store in fridge for 4-5 days or in freezer for up to a month.
*If making bread for a child under age 1, use maple syrup instead of honey.
- Make it gluten free. Replace the white whole wheat flour with a gluten free cup-for-cup flour blend. I like this one.
- Make it egg-free. Replace the eggs with 2 flax eggs.
- Make it dairy-free. Use unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk or your favorite plant-based milk.
- Replace the zucchini with grated summer squash or carrots.
- Make it as a loaf. Bake at the same temperature for 40-45 minutes in a line loaf pan.
- Add some chocolate chips, chopped nuts, or raisins to the batter or on top before baking.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 67mg | Potassium: 258mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 94IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg