Avocado Spinach Pesto
Easy avocado spinach pesto is a great way to get extra veggies into any meal. Delicious, quick to make, and a versatile recipe for pesto that can be enjoyed in so many ways!
Servings: 4 servings
- 3 cups loosely packed spinach or use some fresh basil
- 1/4 cup chopped or sliver almonds you can use pinenuts or walnuts
- 2 cloves garlic or to taste
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice or to taste
- 2 tablespoons water, if needed.
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except water. Blend on high speed until a pesto paste forms.
Scrape down the sides of the blender or food processor and blend again until desired consistency is achieved and all ingredients is incorporated. If your pesto is too dry, add a tablespoon of water at a time and blend again until the consistency is just right.
Taste. Adjust flavors as needed by adding extra garlic, salat or lemon juice. Blend again.
Add to pasta, on a pizza or however you want to enjoy it. Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for 4-6 days or in freezer for months to come.
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 164kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 7mg | Sodium: 585mg | Potassium: 427mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 2255IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 141mg | Iron: 1mg