Mashed Chickpea Salad
This healthy Mashed Chickpea Salad is a vegetarian version of the classic tuna salad! The perfect no-cook meal that you can easily make in minutes. Enjoy it on your favorite bread, as is or on lettuce “boats" as a fun way to get extra veggies in!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 cups cooked and drained chickpeas canned chickpeas work fine too
- 1 stalk celery diced
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon juice or apple cider vinegar or to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup mayo or Greek yogurt or to taste
- 1/8 -1/4 teaspoon onion powder or to taste
- Salt & pepper, to taste
Pour the cooked and drained chickpeas into a medium bowl. Using a potato masher or fork, mash the chickpeas until there are no more whole beans and to your desired consistency.
Add diced celery, lemon juice/apple cider vinegar, mustard, mayo/Greek yogurt, onion powder, salt and pepper to the bowl. Mix well.
Taste and adjust seasoning if needed. Add more mayo/yogurt for a creamier salad.
Enjoy as is, on your favorite bread, over greens on on lettuce "boats."
- Nutritional calculations are made with mayo.
- Kid-friendly and no cooking required!
- This salad can be made from mostly pantry staples. So when you are running low on dinner ideas, you can almost always throw this together.
- The recipe is super adaptable. Add whatever veggies or spices you want. Leave out what you don't have or don't like. Make it your own!
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 115mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 62IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 34mg | Iron: 2mg