Corn and Black Bean Salad
Corn and Black Bean Salad is the perfect, easy salad to serve at as a side to any meal that is delicious cold. Naturally, dairy-free, gluten free vegetarian and vegan, this easy salad is bursting with flavor and is quick to whip up in one bowl!
Servings: 6 servings
Ingredients for dressing
- 3/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder optional or to taste
- 1/3 cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup or honey
- black pepper to taste
Ingredients for salad
- 2 cups cooked black beans drained and rinsed canned beans will work too
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 bell pepper deseeded and diced
- 1 cup diced cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
In a small bowl or glass measuring cup, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing. Set aside.
Combine salad ingredients in a medium bowl and pour dressing over everything. Toss to evenly coat.
Enjoy immediately or store in fridge for up to 3 days.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 249kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 198mg | Potassium: 409mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 829IU | Vitamin C: 33mg | Calcium: 19mg | Iron: 2mg