Chocolate Chip Paleo Pumpkin Muffins
These Chocolate Chips Paleo Pumpkin Muffins are super easy to make and so delicious! The perfect fall baking project that is kid-approved, naturally gluten free and dairy free.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Servings: 12 muffins
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour or sub arrowroot flour. If Paleo is not important, cornstarch can be used
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (not pumpkin filling)
- 2 large eggs room temp
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or honey* *if making for a child under age 1, use maple syrup instead of honey
- 1/2 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/3 cup high quality chocolate chips* chocolate chips often contain dairy, so if dairy-free is important, be sure to select a dairy-free brand
Preheat oven to 350F and line a 12-hole muffin tin.
In a large bowl, combine all ingredients EXCEPT chocolate chips. Use a whisk to stir until batter is smooth and has an even consistency and color.
Add chocolate chips to batter and stir a few times until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Portion out the batter between the lined muffin holes.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean and the muffin tops are slightly brown.
Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes before enjoying.
Calories: 209kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 36mg | Sodium: 121mg | Potassium: 91mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 3240IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg