Healthy Teriyaki Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry
This healthy one-skillet Teriyaki Chicken & Veggie Stir Fry is a healthy version of the classic dish. Super easy to make and so flavorful! It’s gluten free, dairy free, Whole30, Paleo and sweetened with a few dates.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time25 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 3-4 dates pitted (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice (make sure it is just apples as ingredient with no added sugar)
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-2 tbsp tapioca starch or arrowroot starch (depending on how thick you like your sauce)
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 1/2 cups carrots chopped (about 4 medium carrots)
- 4-5 cups broccoli florets (about 12 oz)
- 2 bell peppers deseeded and chopped
- 1 tbsp coconut or avocado oil or oil of choice
In a high-speed blender, combine dates, coconut aminos, apple cider/juice, 1 tablespoon tapioca starch, ginger and garlic powder. Blend for 60 seconds or until dates are completely blended.
*if you do not have a high speed blender, soak your dates in hot water for 15 minutes, drain and then add them to the blender. This will make them less taxing on your blender*
Put sauce aside
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once the skillet is hot, add cooking oil.
Once oil is hot, add chicken, carrots and broccoli florets. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add bell peppers to the skillet, stirring a few times to incorporate. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
Add teriyaki sauce to the stir fry. Stir to coat the chicken and veggies and cook for 4-5 more minutes or until sauce thickens. If you like your sauce thicker, sprinkle an additional 1/2-1 tablespoon of tapioca starch over the stir fry and stir in to the meal until is disappears.
Enjoy warm! Pairs well with cauliflower rice, rice, mach cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 32g | Protein: 40g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 109mg | Sodium: 874mg | Potassium: 1102mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 15936IU | Vitamin C: 162mg | Calcium: 92mg | Iron: 3mg