Healthy Carrot Zucchini Muffins are naturally sweetened, perfectly moist, and delightfully fluffy. Made from whole grains, naturally sweetened, full of protein from yogurt, and loaded with 2 cups of veggies, these muffins are the perfect healthy breakfast, lunch boxes or a quick snack option.
– Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin. – Place grated zucchini and carrots in the middle of a paper towel or clean dish cloth. Wrap it up and press to remove as much moisture as possible. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Set aside.
– In a medium bowl, whisk the egg, oil, vanilla, yogurt, and applesauce together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined, being careful not to over mix. Batter will be thick.
– Fold in drained zucchini and carrots. Again, don't over mix.
– Portion the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling to the top. – Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
– Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating! They will firm up as they cool. Allow them to cool completely before storing in fridge in an air-tight container for 5 days or in your freezer for months.