– Preheat your oven and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper (if desired) for easy clean up.
– Wash the kale and thoroughly dry it. Cut out the hard stem and rip/cut leaves into smaller pieces. – Place cut kale in a large mixing bowl and drizzle with oil and salt. Toss with your hands or a spoon to ensure all the kale is thoroughly coated on both sides.
– Arrange the kale on the prepped baking sheet, being sure not to crowd the kale. Crowded kale will steam instead of crisp up. – Bake.
– Remove from heat, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and place bake into the oven. Keep an eye on them, as every oven is a bit different and these chips can easily burn. – Remove from oven and allow the kale chips to cool. They will continue to crisp up as they cool.
– Enjoy! Kale chips are best day of, but once leftovers are totally cool, place them in an air-tight container and store at room temperature.