– Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Once the oil is hot, toss in the onions and carrots. Cook until tender and onions appear translucent.
– Add the minced garlic to the pot and continue to stir over heat for another minute. – Stir in curry powder and salt. Add lentils, potatoes, and broth. Stir to combine.
– Bring mixture to a boil. Lower heat to medium and simmer covered until lentils are tender.
– While lentil mixture simmers, add chickpeas, lemon juice, and broth to a food processor and puree until smooth.
– Once lentil mixture has finished simmering, remove from heat. Stir in chickpea mixture.
– Add butter and roughly chopped spinach. Stir in and let the butter melt and spinach wilt in the hot soup. Taste and season with pepper and extra salt if needed.
– Garnish with green onions and enjoy immediately. Let leftovers cool completely. Store leftovers in fridge or in freezer.