Coming together in about 20 minutes, this Shrimp Asparagus Pasta is as delicious as it is easy. Made flavorful from lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, and a little parmesan cheese, this easy dinner has a pound of fresh asparagus and lots of protein from shrimp. It truly is the perfect healthy weeknight dinner.
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Generously salt the water then cook your pasta according to package instructions. Before draining, save some pasta water.
– Pat the shrimp very dry with some paper towels. Drizzle olive oil over the shrimp, then add lemon zest, salt, ground black pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to combine then set aside for a bit.
– Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, place the shrimp one-by-one into the pan, making sure to leave enough space in between each one.
– Once the shrimp are browned on one side, flip and cook for on the other side. Remove the cooked shrimp to a plate.
– Add oil to the pan, add the sliced asparagus and cook. Stir in the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until the garlic is lightly golden brown. Stir in salt, lemon zest, and the red pepper flakes. Add the pasta water and simmer until the asparagus is tender. Stir in the lemon juice.
– Add the cooked pasta to the pan then drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
– Toss the pasta in the sauce then stir in the parmesan cheese. If pasta seems dry, add the remaining pasta water.
– Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir to reheat and combine. Turn off the heat then add the basil.
– Serve pasta with additional parmesan cheese and fresh basil to garnish.