Tips & tricks
Roasting beets whole helps brings out their natural sweetness and cut the earthy flavor, all while locking in moisture and color. Super easy to do with very little work, I’ll show you how to roast beets so that they are delicious and perfect for enjoying all sorts of ways.
– Preheat your oven to 400℉. – Wash your beets well and pat them dry.
– Carefully use a knife to trim the tops and bottoms off of your clean beets.
– Place each trimmed beet on a sheet of foil. Drizzle each with 1/4 tablespoon oil, if using.
– Wrap each beet up, having the opening for each pouch at the top of the beet. Arrange the beets on a baking sheet.
– Roast smaller beets for 30-35 minutes and larger beets for 45-60 minutes. Your beet is done cooking when it is fork tender and the skin easily lifts from flesh.
– Let cooked beets cool completely before peeling. The skin should easily fall off of the beet with your fingers or a fork. You can use a paper towel to prevent the beet juice from staining your fingers.
– Slice cooked beet and enjoy over a salad, as a side dish sprinkled with salt, or add them to one of the suggested recipes above. Store in fridge for 4-5 days or in your freezer for months to come.