– Wash, peel, and trim carrots. Peeling is optional, but some people find the skin of carrots bitter in flavor.
– Cut carrots into coins. If you are using baby carrots, you may leave them whole if you want.
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Drop cut carrots into boiling water. For baby carrots, let them sit in the boiling water.
– Use a slotted spoon to scoop carrots out of the boiling water. Immediately place them in a boil of ice water. This will stop the cooking process. Let the carrots sit in the ice water.
– Scoop the carrots out of the ice water and shake off excess water. Place the blanched carrots on a large plate or small baking sheet in a single layer and pop into your freezer. Let freeze until frozen solid.
– Transfer frozen carrots into a freezer-safe container. I like to use stackable containers or gallon silicone bags, but a gallon ziplock will work just fine. Return to freezer until you are ready to use them!