This Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin recipe is flavorful, fluffy, easy to make and the perfect fall baked good! Made with whole wheat flour, grated zucchini, pumpkin puree, applesauce, and a some brown sugar, these moist muffins are a delicious snack or breakfast.
– Preheat the oven to 375° F and grease or line a muffin tin. – Place grated zucchini in the middle of a paper towel or clean dish cloth. Wrap it up and press to remove as much moisture as possible. Set aside.
– In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon. Set aside.
– In a medium bowl, whisk the pumpkin puree, egg, oil, vanilla, brown sugar, and applesauce together until combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.
– Fold in drained zucchini until just evenly distributed. – Portion the batter into prepared muffin tins, filling to the top. Spinkle more brown sugar on top, if desired.
– Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
– Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before eating! They will firm up as they cool.