This Pasta with Peas is so easy to make in just 15 minutes and is the perfect weeknight dinner! Full protein from Greek yogurt and peas, this simple pasta dish has a delicious creamy sauce, touch of brightness from lemon, and super flavorful from shallots, garlic, and Parmesan cheese. This is truly perfect vegetarian dinner recipe!
– Cook pasta in a large pot of salted boiling water according to package instructions. Save some cooking water before draining. – In a large sauté pan or Dutch oven, heat oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add the shallot/onion and sauté until lightly golden brown.
– Stir in garlic and sauté for another minute to soften. – Add in peas and the vegetable broth. Allow the peas to simmer gently until the liquid in the pan has reduced by half.
– Stir in the salt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and pepper. Using a potato masher or large fork, smash the peas in the pan to release some of their starch. Once the peas are fully mashed, stir in the remaining cup of whole peas.
– Once the peas are heated through, stir in the yogurt and parmesan cheese.
– Add the cooked pasta to the pea sauce and stir to coat. Stir in some of the reserved pasta water to make the sauce even more creamy. If the sauce still seems dry and isn’t coating the pasta, add more of the pasta water as needed. Taste the pasta and add more seasoning as needed.
– To serve, sprinkle the pasta with the chives and additional grated parmesan. The pasta is also great garnished with a drizzle of olive oil, more lemon zest, and cracked black pepper.