Warm Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes is one of the best flavor combinations ever!
Warm kale salad with…
People think I’m nuts with some of my flavor combinations…until they taste my madness.
Pomegranates are one of my favorite fruits and have a bright flavor that adds a new level of yum to a savory dish (or any dish you opt to throw them into).
On the day that this Warm Kale Salad recipe was born, I was doing what I do pretty much everyday and simply playing with the contents of my produce basket.
This “method” of cooking always seems to work out in my favor for one simple reason: my produce basket is always full of seasonal fruits and vegetables from my farmer’s market and seasonal flavors almost always work well together no matter how you swing it.
When you are cooking with seasonal produce, the flavors and colors are going to be sooooo much more vibrant. Thus, the ingredients you are using does all the work for you in the quest to make a dish taste like heaven. This warm kale salad is a great example.
So little seasoning is required to make fresh, seasonal goods delicious (except garlic, garlic makes everything better). There, I just gave you another reason to buy seasonal. Now go join a CSA!
Other healthy salad recipes that you will adore…
- Healthy Carrot Pumpkin Muffins
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal
- Carrot Banana Protein Oatmeal
- Vegan Muffins with Carrots and Apples
Loving this warm kale salad with pomegranate and hungry for more?
Sign up so that my newsletter is delivered straight to your inbox. And be sure to follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram for all kinds of veggie-loaded living ideas!
Warm Kale Salad with Pomegranate, Garlic Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Sweet Potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts halved
- 1 large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 bunch kale (about 8 cups) removed from ribs and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- salt & pepper to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine garlic, Brussels sprouts, sweet potato, and 2 tablespoons coconut oil. Toss until everything is evenly coated with oil and minced garlic. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Spread in a single layer on on lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes (or until tender).
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add kale and sauté for about a minute or until kale starts to slightly wilt.
- Remove kale from heat and put in a large serving bowl. Add roasted Brussels sprouts and potatoes. Add pomegranate seeds. Toss lightly and serve immediately.
- When you are cooking with seasonal produce, the flavors and colors are going to be sooooo much more vibrant.
- Pomegranate adds a pop of color and a new level of yum to a savory dish.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!
making this tonight, do you know the calories on this dish?
What can I used in place of coconut oil
Avocado oil or olive oil would work beautifully
How many servings does this recipe make?
Tarah @ What I Gather
I have to admit, I’ve never used pomegranate seeds because I didn’t want to mess with a pomegranate, but this recipe looks worth the trouble. 🙂
I could never say NO to a salad like this – it’s so good!