Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
Incredibly easy Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes are the perfect side to any dinner! 5 minutes of prep, into the slow cooker they go, and you come home to perfectly baked sweet potatoes ready to enjoy.
Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes
I love using baked potatoes in dinners, but I don’t love the hour or so it takes to cook them. After an insane day at work, I don’t have the time or the patience for them to hang out in the oven for a bloody hour!
Mama is HUNGRY! And I have a hungry, impatient kiddo in the wings. GIVE ME MY DINNER! So, needless to say, when I figured out that I could cook up my sweet potatoes in my beloved slow cooker….life got a little more beautiful.
Why using a slow cooker?
I swear I do love my husband and child more than my slow cooker….not that you would know it based on how much I have been verbally swooning over my favorite appliance as of late. Its just so faithful….and handy….and perfect….and shiny….and it cooks dinner for me while I do other things.
So yeah, my slow cooker and I are pretty tight. And I may openly weep when it finally gives up on me and slow cooks its last meal. Don’t judge me, you know you love your slow cooker just as much….or you aren’t using your slow cooker properly or frequently enough.
Quick recipe tip
Keep in mind when making this that my slow cooker is pretty big (6 quarts to be exact). If your slow cooker is smaller, you might have to adjust how many potatoes you use based on the size of your slow cooker.
Other healthy & delicious recipes you are going to love…
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Salmon (from frozen!)
- Carrot Zucchini Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower
- Slow Cooker + Instant Pot Butternut Squash Chicken Curry
Loving these Slow Cooker Sweet Potatoes and hungry for more?
Slow Cooker Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- Wash your sweet potatoes really well. Those little buggers can be quite dirty, so really scrub them clean. And leave them wet. Not dripping wet, just however wet they are from washing them. The moisture will help in the cooking process.
- Using a knife or fork, puncture the skin of the clean sweet potatoes multiple times. Don’t go crazy, but if you’ve had a rough day, feel free to take it out on your potatoes. Just try to leave the potatoes in one piece after you’re done.
- Arrange the sweet potatoes in your slow cooker in a single layer. This is a great opportunity to put those Tetris skills from your youth to good use in this practical, very adult manner (and your mom said you’d never learn anything form video games).
- Cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4 hours. You’ll know they are done when you can easily puncture the skin of the potato with a fork
- Yeah, that’s it. Now go eat your sweet potatoes with something tasty like mashed avocados or black beans. Or both. Okay, now I’m drooling.
- If your slow cooker is smaller, you might have to adjust how many potatoes you use based on the size of your slow cooker.
- Wash your sweet potatoes really well.
- If you prefer to cook on low, you will need to wait for 6-7 hours as opposed to 3-4 hours on high.
This post contains Amazon affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra. But it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest