This Spinach Green Apple Smoothie recipe features diced green apple, spinach, frozen mango, and your favorite plant based milk for a simple, delicious breakfast smoothie or snack. Ready within 5 minutes!
Fruit smoothies with spinach are my go-to easy breakfast move. They are delicious, easy, and a surefire way to start my day veggie-loaded. Plus, they are just darn tasty!
This Spinach Green Apple Smoothie is the tastiest of them all! The perfect balance of sweet and sour, it is made with just 4 simple, feel-good ingredients and comes together in just 5 minutes! It makes 2 good sized servings, so it is the perfect banana-free smoothie to make to share. Naturally vegetarian, vegan, and dairy-free, it is easy to make nut-free and/or doctor up with suggested add-ins to fit your personal needs and tastes!
Be sure to check out my tried-and-true tips and tricks for How To Store Spinach so you always have fresh greens on hand for this green apple smoothie!
Tips & tricks for making green apple smoothie
- Liquid first! When loading your blender to make any smoothie, be sure to put the liquid in first so the blades don’t get hung up on the chunks of other ingredient. Yes, even with a high-speed blender, I find this to be the BEST way for loading up a blender for the perfectly smooth smoothie.
- Blend plant based milk and spinach first so that the spinach leaves get completely pureed.
- Taste you green apple. Green apples tend to be sour by nature, but some batches can be more sour than others. If you find your apple extra tart, a little extra mango or a squeeze of honey might be needed to balance out the flavors.
- Add in some protein powder to help this smoothie fill your up a bit longer!
- Use a different type of apple. This green apple smoothie won’t be quite as bright green and will likely be more sweet, but will be a lovely blend.
- Toss in an add-in. I like to use chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, protein powder, honey, or peanut butter to add extra nutrients and flavor to my smoothies.
- Sub a frozen banana for the mango.
More veggie-loaded smoothies
- Mango Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
- Wholesome 5-Minute Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Smoothie
- Spinach Cacao Smoothie
- 5-Minute Nourish Cherry Smoothie (with Spinach!)
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
Did you try this apple smoothie recipe and now you’re hungry for more?
Spinach Green Apple Smoothie
- 1½ cup almond milk
- 2 cups spinach
- 1 medium green apple core removed and diced
- 1 cup frozen mango or sub 1 frozen banana
- ice optional
- Optional add-ins: chia seeds, hemp seeds, flax seeds, protein powder, honey, peanut butter
- Add milk, and spinach to the blender. Puree until smooth and no chunks of spinach remain.
- Add diced green apple, frozen mango, and any optional add-ins you are using to the blender. Blend again. Check for desired consistency and add water or some ice and reblend if needed.
- Blend until very smooth and enjoy right away.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!