Whole30 Pork & Sage Breakfast Patties
Sometimes breakfast just calls for savory. Hearty and savory. And delicious. Delicious is important too. And nothing else fits the bill quite like these Whole30 Pork & Sage Breakfast Patties.
Ever since doing my first round of Whole30 way back when (okay, it was only a year ago), I’ve lost my love of sweetness for the first meal of the day. Don’t get me wrong, there will always be a special place in my heart for pancakes and waffles (paleo for me these days), but there is just something so…so…so fulfilling about kicking off your day with a serious dose of savory protein. And these, my friends, are indeed a serious dose of delicious protein through and through.
I was at the farmers market one Saturday, doing my normal weekly load up. I stopped at one of favorite little sustainable family farms to load up on pastured goods for the week. A whole chicken. Some chicken feet. You know, the norm. As I scanned the board of available cuts of meat, my eyes fell on ground pork.
“Mmmm I haven’t had a really good breakfast sausage in ages.” I said to my husband. Forever it seemed. I’m not sure why, other than I hadn’t been inspired to make one yet! For some reason, breakfast patties were something I always seemed to get while enjoy breakfast in a restaurant. But, um, that’s beyond silly! Breakfast patties are as easy to make as an every day hamburger and a totally amazing way to kick your day off. As the craving for breakfast patties hit, I was also then struck with inspiration for our Sunday morning breakfast.
I grabbed a pound of ground pork and then hunted down another farmer selling a sage plant (yeah, I bought the whole dang plant…because why not? Sage forever is not a terrible thing). And then I headed for home, with some Sleepy Sunday Sage Breakfast Patties on my mind.
Makes 8 patties
- 1 pound pasture-raised ground pork
- 4-5 large fresh sage leaves, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon cooking fat for cooking (coconut oil, avocado oil, ghee, or butter)
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except for the cooking fat.
- Using clean hands, mix throughly until all ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Form mixture into 8 patties.
- In a large skillet, heat cooking fat over medium heat. Once fat is hot, add the patties.
- Cook patties for about 5-6 minutes per side.
- Enjoy warm or let cool completely and store in fridge for up to 5 days.
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest