Breakfast is supposed to be the most important meal of the day, right? Well, I personally think all the meals are equally important (I couldn’t possibly play favorites), but I do believe that starting out the first meal of the day on a healthy foot really sets the tone for an overall healthy day.
If you eat a filling and nourishing breakfast, your body will have all the lovely fuel it will need to keep you grounded, sane and plugging along until it’s time for a healthy nourishing lunch. Sounds like a great idea, doesn’t it? Yes, of course it does! But we live in the real world where some (okay many) don’t have the time 7 days a week to leisurely make a hearty breakfast. Most of us can’t remember our first names before that first cup of coffee, much less be creative enough to make a nutrient-dense breakfast.
Rise & Shine Breakfast Bake is my answer to the issue of what to eat for breakfast on the days that my brain isn’t capable of safely working the oven before 8am but I need something with a little more oomph than a smoothie. It’s loaded with colorful veggies, lovely starchy sweet potatoes and protein-rich eggs. Add a little turmeric for a dose of anti-inflammatory goodness and pop this one-dish-wonder into the oven.
To make this dish extra busy-morning-friendly, I love to bake it as part of my meal prep so I can reheat it in a flash during the week. Or I’ll make it for Sunday brunch and enjoy the leftovers for days after. It’s really the perfect make-head breakfast to help you and your family start everyday out on a healthy nourished foot.
Looking for other healthy make-ahead breakfast ideas for your family? Try my Sweet Little Breakfast Soufles, next.
- 1/2 large sweet potato washed and diced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted and divided
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 2 cups broccoli florets, chopped well
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 a zucchini, dice
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Coat large baking dish with 1T coconut oil using a pastry brush brush.
- Put potatoes into the baking dish. Drizzle with remaining 1/2 T coconut oil over them, tossing to coat. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Once potatoes come out of the oven, evenly add green onions, bell pepper, broccoli and zucchini to the pan. Set aside for a moment
- Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add salt, garlic powder and turmeric to the eggs and beat again to combine. Pour over veggies and sweet potatoes
- Bake for 30 minutes or until eggs are set and the top is a slight golden brown
Make sure you stay up to date with all of the happenings here on The Natural Nurturer and subscribe here.
This post contains affiliate links, though all opinions are my own. When you purchase anything using my links, it costs you absolutely nothing extra, but it does kicks The Natural Nurturer a little financial love to keep doing what we do. Thank you for your continued support, both with your dollars and your interest