This Peanut Butter Spinach Banana Smoothie is creamy, satisfying, and perfectly sweet. Made with just five, good-for-you ingredients, it is the perfect easy breakfast to start your day.
Fruit and vegetable smoothie recipes are my go-to breakfast on hectic Monday mornings and the first thing I think of when my tween daughter comes looking for an after school snack. They are easy, quick to make, and a GREAT way to get bonus vegetables into my family. While my Spinach Pineapple Smoothie and Blueberry Spinach Smoothie are on heavy rotation in our house, this PB banana smoothie is moving up the ranks in favorites quickly and is seriously the best green smoothie recipe!
This Peanut Butter Spinach Banana Smoothie is a delicious 5 minute breakfast that requires zero cooking. Making 2 servings, this easy smoothie is the perfect way to get veggies into you and someone you love first thing in the morning. Easily dairy-free, this healthy smoothie is sweetened with bananas, packed with spinach, healthy fat from peanut butter, and protein from your favorite protein powder. It is the perfect healthy smoothie to make a quick breakfast or healthy snack.
Are you a kitchen newbie? No worries! This smoothie recipe is truly the easiest and the perfect place to start your veggie-loaded journey.
Tips for how to make the best green smoothie
Blend the spinach with the liquid first. This will ensure that the spinach (or whatever greens you are using) gets completely pureed. Finding a hunk of spinach stuck in your smoothie straw is a total bummer and this tip is especially helpful if you don’t have a high-speed blender like a Vitamix.
If adding everything at once, be sure to put the liquid in first and then the solid ingredients second. Even if you are using a high-speed blender. This will help the blender to puree your smoothie evenly.
Blend spinach banana smoothie on the highest speed your blender has so that it is smooth and creamy.
- Replace the banana with mango. Or use 1 cup frozen mango and 1 banana.
- Sub the spinach with kale.
- Use frozen bananas and frozen spinach instead of ice.
- Add a tablespoon of chia seeds, ground flax, or shelled hemp seeds for a boost of protein and healthy fats.
- Use almond butter instead of peanut butter.
- Add a tablespoon or two of cocoa powder to make this a chocolate smoothie!
- For a nut-free option, replace the peanut butter with sunflower seed butter.
- Replace the protein powder with 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt.
Tip: if you don’t have a high-speed blender, blend the milk and kale first so that the greens get completely pureed. Then add remaining ingredients and blend again for a prefect green smoothie!
More easy, veggie-loaded smoothie recipes
- Blueberry Spinach Smoothie
- Mango Kale Smoothie
- Quick Sweet Potato Smoothie
- Apple Carrot Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie (with greens!)
- Chocolate Banana Smoothie (with veggies)
- Sunrise Butternut Squash Smoothie
- Creamy Blueberry Cauliflower Smoothie
- 15+ Fruit and Veggie Smoothies
Loving this banana spinach smoothie and now you are hungry for more?
Peanut Butter Banana Spinach Smoothie
- 2 handfuls spinach fresh. See below for how to use frozen
- 2 medium ripe bananas fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter or to taste
- 1 ½ cups milk of choice
- 2 scoops protein powder of choice I like collagen powder. Or ½ cup Greek yogurt. Optional, but I find it helps to boost the protein of the smoothie
- 1½ cup ice omit if using frozen bananas
- Combine all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Blend until smooth.If you don't have a high speed blender, blend ice, spinach, and milk first until spinach is pureed. Then add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Check for consistency. If you prefer your smoothie thicker, add more ice and reblend. If you prefer your smoothie thinner, add more milk or water.
- Enjoy immediately.
The nutritional information is provided as an estimate only and may vary based on the product type, servings and other factors. If you are following a diet, please consult with a professional nutritionist or your doctor. Stay healthy!